9 Jun 2022

A Reflection

 


Alongside a birthday greeting 

Someone left me some questions to reflect 

Reduction in dosage of depression medicines 

Stood out as the best thing that happened in a year 

I learned a part of the work that I struggled with for years  

I wish to be less dependent on medicines and join an office 

I hope to handle the market research reports on my own 

I do not have lofty ambitions to achieve in a year 

My depression dictates the success of my efforts

Writing poems again gives me a glimmer of hope

To follow my dreams with strength 


This poem is based on some questions given by a friend to reflect on the occasion of my birthday. It did make me realize that I have come a long way in the last year. My aims for the next year are simple. But it will depend on how I am able to tame my depression. The images are snapped by Kevin Noble and   Nikhita Singhal

No comments: