10 Jun 2022

Bridge of Words


 

A

 bridge 

of words 

Built between hearts 

Living continents apart 

A friendship of the digital age 

There is no voice or visual treats 

Like a good old pen-friendship 

Without the paper and pen 

The inboxes of social media 

With meaningful emojis' 

Conveying the emotions 

Without words at times 

Reading the creativity 

With a like or comment 

Without sharing the stories of life 

Without opening the hurts of past 

Yet good conversations evolve 

Over the beliefs and thoughts 

Poems and real-world issues 

Fifteen years of online friendships

Have evolved my mind into detachment 

And enjoy the moments with words 

Without expectations that plagued 

The growth of long-term friendships 

 

I feel that I have evolved in terms of online friendships from 2007. From Orkut, Facebook, Twitter, and many other social media platforms, I found different friends over the years. I am still in touch with some friends from Orkut. Others just faded away with time. Then I came across liberals on Facebook. I am coming across nice writers and poets on Twitter and Instagram.  The image is taken from gapatton

No comments: