5 Jun 2022

Love And Reality


 

I am no younger

I am closer to my forties 

The ladies of my age are married  

I do miss a good company of a lady

I wonder if I will fall in love ever again

The heartbreaks that shaped my present 

The loss of opportunities due to depression 

I wonder If I could trust another woman 

To bring hope and seal my healed heart 

Maybe, I am averse to taking a risk

Without sorting out my finances 

To not to be in a situation again 

Where I cannot afford the lady

Nor win over her family 

I wonder why I come across 

Nice ladies from far away places

I write poems about my crushes 

My heart is hardened to stop there 

I would leave my native someday 

Like I attempted five times in the last decade 

I don't wish to raise a kid given my mental health

I don't know If I will come across a woman 

Who will make me wish to build a home! 



The poem is inspired by the prompt  #Satsplat .  The image was taken by Travis Grossen

No comments: