17 May 2022

I Am Not Your Last Refuge

                                                                                    


                                                               Empty words of silence

From an empty soul in peace

That’s all that left to greet you

When you come back for my love

 

You took me for granted, always

Came to me, when you needed me

You grinned past me many a time

When you found someone lustier

 

I saw the days of loneliness

When you were fooling around

And having fun, with no loose ends

Back then, you didn’t remember me

  

Now, why are you turning around?

Looking to reach out for my hand

When my heart has gone frozen

Without your smile for a long time

 

 You got me wrong,

 Every time I trusted you

You left me crying,

 Every time without mercy

 

I am not your last refuge

Where you could come and leave

Whenever you feel like

Cos, I don’t love you anymore


I wrote this poem in 2010. It was another failed attempt to write a song. I don't remember the context. Images were taken from Amy Tran in Unsplash and  Foundry in Pixabay. 

2 comments:

Annette Kinglock-Murray said...

Love the message. I'm not your last refuge.

Charity said...

This is so beautifully written. Thanks for sharing!