18 May 2022

Live Your Life

                                                                                 


                                                                 This is a storm before

The rain of joy

Your silence will tame

When the smiles burst

Your Tears will dry before

The sun shines

 

You may be walking

Through summers of past

And Living through

Colours of lost dreams

And Swimming through

The lake of hope

To snatch back all that

Flew past your heart

 

You got to fly away from your past

Towards a new destiny

You got to dream something new

That’s so exciting

 

You got to fight for a new dawn in life

To show your courage

As there are some people

Who considers you a sour loser

Writing you off as a failure

They find joy in mocking and teasing you

But you can leave them speechless

As you walk past them

With the wand of glories

That they could never even dream

 

Stick to your likes

Build your life around it

You will see your life blooming

With the joy, you've never experienced before

There is a reason for every life

Search for your reason

You will find it

Live

 



 

This is a poem I wrote in 2010. I feel I was more optimistic back then. This poem sounds like me in 2010 telling me in 2022 to live my life.  I wasn't depressed at that time, I guess. I certainly cannot write a free-flowing poem now. Images from Unsplash. Taken by Marc Najera and Fabio Comparelli .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Angie Soul said...

Great poem and reminder to remain optimistic in the darkest times. Thank you for sharing!