10 May 2022

Ray Of Hope

When all doors of opportunities are shut 
All roads towards new avenues are closed 
You see your dreams withering away 
You see a dead end of the tunnel with
No light coming from the other end 
You are resigned to accepting the end of a 
Long journey you've toiled hard for years 
The promised calls don't ring as they don't
Have any good news to share with you 
And when you are letting go of the dreams
Somebody come with a ray of hope from
nowhere, As the messenger of God to 
Inform you that your prayers are heard 
Don't lose heart and keep believing in God 
It might be in the form of your dearest
 friend or someone you don't even know 
Giving hope and belief to continue the 
battle, To survive and chase your dream 
Without those who have given up on you 
Without any fear to complete the journey
I have seen these messengers of the God 
When I have hit the rock bottom, And I 
have no means to move any further 
Pray from the bottom of your heart and 
Keep working hard towards your dreams 
It will come true, in the end, despite all 
odds stacked against you to fail!


Yesterday, I was hopeless after my last straw seemed non-existent to make a comeback, I wrote the poem closing doors. The late-night my friend from. abroad gave me the ray of hope to continue to pursue my dream. This poem is dedicated to her. The picture is snapped by  Ahmed Hasan .

1 comment:

ExamineThisMoment said...

I really enjoyed reading your poem. Thank you for sharing.

Pastor Natalie (ExamineThisMoment)
Letstakeamoment.com