11 Apr 2022

Another Life?


 

The tales of second life 

With impeccable memory of the past 

Often get the curious media coverage 

I wonder if it is a mental ability to know 

About the life of another person in detail

Is it a sheer coincidence of guess getting a match?

Many a day I tried to recollect my past life

Imagined me in different eras and countries

I think  I never had a previous life

I do not think I will have another life 

I never tried the virtual second life 

Nor I will try the metaverse 

If I have another life 

I would love to be a nomad 

I would love to travel and write 

The stories that are beyond me now

I hope I won't go through another love

I hope I won't go through another breakup 

I want to be a wanderer in search of glimpses 

Of  the sceneries that are surreal in the world 

And experience the life of being a human  in that modern era 

But I fear, I might end up in a colony on Mars or some other planet 

As a cyborg, clone, zombie, humanoid, or unknown species of that era

With artificial intelligence, life-enabling gadgets  self-healing and regeneration 

Living among sceneries and experiences beyond my imagination right now 

May be amidst a war with the aliens or the evolved human species'

Without ever experiencing the natural wonders that our earth offer 


This poem is a continuation of the thoughts about life, death, and life after death related to my recent poems in this blog.  Image from Unsplash. Thank you :)  The previous poems in this series are My Final Day On Earth and  What After The Death  . 

3 comments:

Penny said...

Lovely poem. You have an amazing talent. Love it! - Penny

Elena Ruiz said...

Lovely, a futuristic poem. Humanoids have a special place in my heart. Well done, indeed! -Elena Ruiz

Lovely said...

Beautifully written! Have a great day!
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com