21 Apr 2022

One More Yesterday




I wish one more yesterday 
If I could, with you 
To walk along the Marina beach
Where I wished to propose you 
Holding your hands like lovers 
Without any undisturbed winds 
To hear your husky voice calling me
darling and sharing your thoughts 
I wish to see your colourful smile 
For one more time to seal it in my heart 
And walk away towards the grim sunset
Without saying goodbyes and any tears 
I want to purge the memories with you 
In the poems, I wrote for you years ago 
I know that you have read each of them 
I'll light a lamp with ounces of  whiskey 
Like a dark love burning bright at its end 


A poem based on word prompts #moonmystic #atreyasverse #ConverStory and  #ThePush. The image taken from Unsplash. Thank You :)

1 comment:

Annette Kinglock-Murray said...

This is beautiful. I love your choice of words.