23 Apr 2022

A Recurring Nightmare

 



Days after my father's demise 

I started seeing him in my dreams

It brought some relief to my heart

But it turned into a nightmare soon

I ran around to find an ambulance

And taking him to the hospital 

Only to be told that he was brought dead

I saw it again in my native place 

I had to run all the way to a junction 

To get a mini-ambulance 

To take my dad to a hospital

Again I Was told that he was brought dead

I started losing sleep 

I was living in a loop of a recurring nightmare 

That took me to the night where 

I struggled to get a vehicle on time

To take my dad to the hospital 

Where I was told, it was five minutes too late

I've seen the motionless body of my dad 

My mind felt guilty for being irresponsible

Not acting briskly enough to save my dad 

For nearly four months 

I kept seeing the nightmare and kept waking up 

In the middle of the nights 

I felt it was real and I was trying my best 

But every time I failed 

Until I tried a meditation 

Suggested by a friend 

I started getting good sleep 

And I stopped seeing that nightmare 

No comments: