19 Apr 2022

Once Upon A Dream

 


Once upon a dream
I saw a pretty girl in my life
Unseen before and unknown
But she wandered into my house
Like my best friend for years
And a neighbour for decades
She had shared so many things
Like I am her secret keeper
She watered the plants inside my house
Whispering something to them with a smile
She went outside to buy something
After telling me to wait for her to return
Was she the friend I craved in my childhood?
To play, with me instead of my imaginary friends
Or was she the reflection of my best friend's friend?
Who used to pick up my calls when he was not around
I was curious about her, but I'd never seen her face
I wonder if my mind created imagery of her from the voice!
I woke up in the morning with questions about the strange girl
But I couldn't recollect her face again in my mind, though I tried
My friend, an artist, listened to the impressions I had about her
She made a sketch of this girl with an angelic face
She termed this dreamy girl, the angel of my life
I looked for girls with the face as in the sketch
My girlfriends didn't have that face
I've lost that sketch along the way
But that angelic face is still in mind
I wonder if that dream was a hint
About someone, I will meet in future
I'm still waiting for that
Girl to show up somewhere
Someday!

This poem is based on a word prompt from #loveletters . Image from Pixabay. Thank You :)

2 comments:

Lisa's Notebook said...

What a lovely poem, the possibility of creating a vision from a voice is so unusual to read - thank you for sharing your verses.

Keep Calm and Drink Coffee said...

I like the idea of believing in Angels.