10 Apr 2022

What After The Death?

 



Another death 

Another poignant family 

What dreams may have died?


The moment after the last breath 

What will happen to life?

Where will it go?


Afterlife

It sounds like a hope

Is there really another life to live?


From the moment of leaving the body

The soul may wander around 

Will it meet other souls?


I've seen the last breath of my dad 

I've seen him in my dreams and nightmares 

I wonder where he is right now in this universe!


There are those who proclaim that it's their second life 

They tell about the incidents from their old life

Some even find their old families!


Is there hell and heaven?

 It sounds like two magical worlds

Do we get to live another long life there?  


What is the purpose of this life, if it is meant only to be short?

Has God lined up other tasks for us after the death?

Why does he leave our dreams unfinished?


I wonder if I will get another life

As a microbe, plant, animal, human or even an alien!

It is a mystery similar to how this world popped up from nowhere!


This is based on remnants from a discussion I had with my ex-girlfriend about death, afterlife, soul etc during a holy month. Image is taken from Unsplash. Thanks :)  My Final Day On Earth is the previous poem and  Another Life? is the next poem in this series. 

1 comment:

Miriam Jones said...

Deep poem! Good way of asking the question we are all wandering