24 Apr 2022

Falling In Love


A pretty smile from her teenage 

That stayed in my heart secretly 

As we grew into close friends 

Spending hours sharing little things 

Like happiness, incidents and secrets 

I realised she looked up to me faithfully

I felt a spark in my heart about her 

Her smile over the years became prettier

My mind couldn't stop thinking about her 

Her way of telling things first to me with 

So much excitement made me feel good 

Conversations with her became special 

Butterflies flew in my tummy whenever 

I heard her voice rumbling her things

I used to wait for her monthly call eagerly 

Sneaking away from her college or home

The calls became frequent over the time 

I couldn't tell her that I fell in love with her 

As her best friend,I couldn't let her down

I wrote many poetries about her secretly 

She let me flirt with her on valentines day 

I felt an intense bond thriving between us

Without uttering anything about love 

She became romantic and we became 

Mad lovers separated by the time zones 

She showered me with so much affection

Her husky voice became my morning light 

I shared my poetries about her, she liked 

I saw a life with her closer to a beach 

She invited me to her city to move ahead 




This poem is based on prompt "Describe what it was like to fall in love".

2 comments:

JamieAdStories said...

A very sweet poem.

Sara said...

The charm and romance in this poem are sweet and lovely.

Great Job,

മഹത്തായ ജോലി

mahattāya jēāli