23 Mar 2022

I Want A New Love


I want to nurture a new love;
Tender like a childhood dream.
Encrypted with beauty of souls;
Devoid of earthly expectations.
I want to traverse the seasons,
in her solemn company forever.
Wandering through the miracles,
the earth offers us to experience.
I'll promise to build the world she
dreams to see and live until death.
I'll throw the coin on the fountain,               
to bring good luck for our journey.
Letting go of begrudging heartbreak, 
to provide an innocent feeling of hope.


A poem based on #reevesroses #loveletters #vsscollab #BraveWrite word prompts 
Image by Unsplash 

3 comments:

Lisa's Notebook said...

What a lovely poem, I particularly like the line about letting go of begrudging heartbreak. Thank you for sharing!

Molly | Transatlantic Notes said...

This is such an emotionally raw poem; thank you so much for sharing it here!

Eliza said...

I really loved the sentiment behind this popoem. 😍