24 Mar 2022

I'll Bring You A Song


I’ll bring you a song, my darling, when we meet again,  On a misty morning in the valley, Where you love to sing with the birds

I’ll bring you a song, my darling, when we feel again, On a summer day in the beach, Where we met first surfing in the waves wobbling

I’ll bring you a song, my darling, when we hit again, On a spring eve at the pub, Where we danced in motions like high on cocaine

I’ll bring you a song, my darling, when we mate again, On a autumn night in the motel, Where we spent our date in a drunken state

I’ll bring you a song, my darling, when we play again, On a winter afternoon in the hill, Where we made snow man and woman

I’ll bring you a song, my darling, when you say goodbye, On a rainy night in the highway, Where you  love to drive with the wind 


A poem based on word prompt from #loveletters 

1 comment:

Christina C said...

This is a beautiful poem! The imagery you create easily allows you to feel the emotion behind it.