9 Mar 2022

An Ocean Apart

  


We are at the beaches

Separated by an ocean of silence 

I don't know the distance 

between us, at this moment 

You're seeing the sunrise there 

I am waiting for the sunset here 

Until then I will count the waves

That touches my heart

I miss the mystified smile of yours

And I miss your way of making me mad 

This endless ocean seems to be bigger

I can't swim that far, to be there 

I am just waiting for the ocean to dry up 

So that we can walk towards each other

When our minds are cooled 

Unsaid words are setting the tone

for the moments now

Even in this lonely wind

I can feel the warmth of your love

Emotions are far too strong to freeze

I tried to run away from it 

But when I think about you 

I rather wish to hold on to the hope

That you will find your way back to me


I don't know when I wrote this. I found this in an old paper book I used for writing poetry.

Image from Unsplash  

No comments: