19 Mar 2022

Key To Her Heart


 

It wasn't the right key, 

No, the lock has been changed: 

I am no more welcome!

Her heart has a new owner, 

who waited like a wily fox, 

to pounce upon our turmoil. 

The key I had was handed over, 

from another man,

who had a different ideology;

that she couldn't afford to carry,

for an entire life. 

She gave me the key with a caveat: 

that  she is a bird, 

I shall hold her in my hand,

but not catch her like in a cage.

I had told her:

I would love to see her fly high, 

chasing her dreams, 

I will catch her if she falls. 

I realised that she is indeed a bird:

who keep flying and meeting new birds,

spending time and banter at will, 

keeping her options open, if she's impressed.

She's less bothered about the partner;

She only cares about her happiness.

She can't bear any critique:

she need only praises, 

and someone who supports her,

even the wrong moves.  

I have breached that caveat:

She didn't wait for long for another adventure!


A poem based on #FromOneLine wordprompt. Image from Unsplash. 

No comments: