15 Mar 2022

Promise



 I am lost in vivid memories of winter

mornings in Birmingham, I used to

remain awake to hear your husky voice

All that sweet things you had in mind

I was intoxicated by your innocent love

It was cold outside and I was freezing

The distance between us was bridged

By Farmville game, texts, and our calls

You sold me dreams and wishes, With

your rosemary promises in those calls

It didn't bloom when I returned home

And came to your city to be with you

As you chose to move to hometown

With a man from a matrimonial portal

Fulfilling all the dreams of your family 


A poem based on word prompts from #BraveWrite #CrowCalls #ReevesRoses #moonmystic Image from TogetherV

1 comment:

Molly | Transatlantic Notes said...

Lovely words here; very heartfelt and moving. Thank you for sharing this!