31 Mar 2022

Temple For You


I want to look for a mount

Like Olympus in the Asgard

Not the haven of the gods

But a kingdom of the demons

To build a big temple for you

In the valley with thick forest

And rocks for an ideal pilgrimage

Columns like in Greek temples

Arches like in the Persepolis

Structure like a mini colosseum

Atop, a pyramid like in Egypt

Minarets around like in Arabia

Flooring with the Italian marbles

Sanctum sanctorum carved in a

Single granite from the Karnataka

I’ll keep a sculptures of your demons

I’ll worship it with my poetic verses

Sprinkling heavenly scents of attar

And bunch of Jasmines that you like

I'll lit the temple with camphor lights

In the midnight I will pour blood on

Deities to quench its insatiable thirst

I’ll offer gifts from the occult priests

Fulfil their wishes with your demonic

Powers that you used to destroy me !

Your greed and arrogance will be the

 Offering for the ooccultist pilgrims

Who have cruel wishes to fulfil at the

Expense of miseries  of their rivals!

 


A poem based on #reevesroses word prompt . Image from MasterFile

5 comments:

Sara said...

Relationships come with baggage, and this poem truly and wonderfully depicts what happens when we don't let go of our ego.

The poet definitely knows the history very well and has a good command of the English language.

Michael Ward said...

Hello, I enjoyed reading your poem and love to discuss it with you further some day. Thank you for sharing here.

moonlightmel said...

wow such a well written poem, thanks for sharing with us

Pearl said...

I like your poem. The words you choose are amazing. You're very talented. Thanks for sharing 💙💙💙

Cristina Rosano said...

WHat a great poem! Thank you for sharing!